Monday, May 20, 2013

TWENTY-THREE

Hello Everyone!  I am officially back on track.  Addie and I caught colds; mine apparently slowed me down a lot more than Addie's did to her, so I got de-railed.  I'm back in the game though.  On that note I will be playing catch up.  Since I missed it last weekend I will be writing about how I'm thankful for Mommies.

This Mother's Day marked my second Mother's Day.  My first one with Addie found her and I still in the process of figuring this other mommy/child thing out.  A year later I am by no means an expert but I definitely felt much more like a mommy than my first one.  God has blessed me with our beautiful little girl and over this past year I have learned so much.  I've learned the real definition of exhaustion and that mom's really do have super powers.  I have truly amazed myself in how I not only stayed awake some days but was still functional.  A small miracle that honestly may not have happened if not fueled by caffeine. lol  I've also learned that you don't really know what unconditional love is until you look into the eyes of your baby.  I still tear up a bit some days when I look at Addie and the miracle that she is.  She keeps me laughing and on my toes every day.

 Being a mommy has given me so many things; patience, love, perspective and is one of the most rewarding jobs I have or ever will have in my life.

I want to thank you Ma for teaching me so much that I never fully understood until I became a mom myself.  You taught me what the unconditional love of a mom is, the value of patience and how your child will test it, how a mom would do anything for her child and puts their safety and well-being above hers and that your first friend is your mom.  You are truly an amazing woman and I love you and thank you for every sacrifice, every kiss of a boo-boo, every time you let me lay my head in your lap when I was down.  Thirty years later your arms are still the place I want to run to if something goes wrong.  Thank you for all that you do

 Finally, thank you to all of the other mommies in my life; my family and friends who are shining examples of wonderful moms.  Being a mom is truly one of the toughest and most rewarding jobs there is and you all are wonderful at it.  I love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment