Tuesday, May 21, 2013

TWENTY-FOUR

Happy Tuesday everyone!  I hope that your weeks have started out good.  Mine certainly has.  This morning was a wonderful treat and what I am thankful for; unplanned family moments.  It is very rare that Matt, myself or both of us isn't running around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to get out the door in the morning.  Occasionally though all the stars align and we have a small block of time where Matt, Addie and I can just enjoy being together.  That happened this morning.  We were both ready for work, the animals were taken care of, and Addie was fed and ready to go to Mema and Poppy's.  When I looked at the clock we had 20 minutes of spare time!  We took advantage of this by sitting on the couch while Addie excitedly walked back and forth between Matt and I, having us point out objects on her game, while we watched one of her movies.  I was actually able to sit down and drink my coffee, all of it!  It was so nice to just decompress before the hustle and bustle of the day took over again.  It was very relaxing and wonderfully uninterrupted family time.

I love these moments where neither of us have any place to be or something to do right that moment.  We just enjoyed being a family for 20 peaceful minutes.  In the "Go, go, go" of every day life these moments are so important and I cherish every minute.

Have a nice evening everyone!  Until tomorrow. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment