Tuesday, April 30, 2013

FOURTEEN

Good Evening!  I hope that you're all having a good week.  Today I am thankful for living in the moment.  This is something I've been trying to be much more conscious of.  Too often we are focused on what has happened or what will happen and we forget to see what's happening right now.  I'm certainly guilty of it.  You get so focused on the did happen's and the what if's that you miss the life you're living today.  One of the reasons I decided to start my year long journey of being thankful was because I had become too consumed with things that were beyond my control  As a result of that I was missing all of the wonderful things that were already happening.   One that stands out in my mind was at my 6 week follow-up after Addie was born.  I had this beautiful baby girl and I asked the doctor if I would always have a hard time getting pregnant because I was worried about going through all of the fertility struggles again.  That's sad to me and that is simply no way to live life. 

Albert Einstein said it very well, “Life is a preparation for the future; and the best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none.”  We can't change what has happened, we can only learn from it and move on and worrying about something that hasn't even happened wastes precious moments.  So, taking Mr. Einstein's advice, I am focusing on the here and now; my loving husband, our beautiful blessing, Addie, and the happiness I feel today.  Today I feel so blessed and happy and I'm enjoying every moment of it.

I'll leave you with a few more quotes that sum up the importance of living in the now. 

XO

“What day is it?"
It's today," squeaked Piglet.
My favorite day," said Pooh.”
A.A. Milne

“You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this.”
Henry David Thoreau

“I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.”
Groucho Marx, The Essential Groucho: Writings For By And About Groucho Marx

“Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that's the stuff life is made of.”
Benjamin Franklin

“We spend precious hours fearing the inevitable. It would be wise to use that time adoring our families, cherishing our friends and living our lives.”
Maya Angelou

4 comments:

  1. So, so true. I needed to hear this today. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's easy to forget sometimes.

      Delete
  2. Tasha,

    I just want to tell you that I love you! It makes me so happy that there are so many things that you are blessed with and yes, certain situations can be better, so I am praying for you, Matt, and Addie on those situations. The more thankful we are, the more blessed we shall become. I also need to be reminded of this from time to time. I know that soon a positive change will come. I can feel it in my bones!!! hahahaha, seriously though I am praying that more positive energy is going your way and that good change is coming. I love you all!!!

    Alice

    ReplyDelete