Sunday, April 21, 2013

FIVE

I hope that everyone had a good weekend. :-)  In honor of the "Lazy Sunday" today I am thankful for QUIET.  Addie did not sleep very well last night, as is generally the pattern, so my brain is a bit drained after a long week and sleepless nights.  So, as Addie is FINALLY taking a descent nap I'm enjoying  the ever elusive quiet.  As I quickly discovered as a new mommy these rare moments of quiet are usually first met with a dilemma;  do I finally clean the house, catch up on some laundry, eat my lunch that I made 3 hours ago?  Or do I sit and drink a much needed cup of coffee, better yet, do I sit and read an adult book, take a shower, nap myself or do I just sit and enjoy the silence.  OR, might it be possible to squeeze in a little bit of all of that?  Ha!  I've gotten pretty good at multi-tasking but I have yet to make that miracle happen.  Finally it's, please oh please let her sleep long enough for me to get at least one of those done.  But occasionally a wonderful thing happens, I lay Addie down for a nap and I'm able to just sit and enjoy the silence.  In those moments I remember what it feels like to have down time and I can feel my brain resetting.  I have come to cherish these rare moments.  I love Addie and I love being a mommy more than anything but sometimes it's nice to just have a moment of quiet.

As I finish this post Addie has already woken and is "helping" me type this, but it was nice while it lasted.  Maybe I'll go to the grocery store by myself this week, that'll be a treat. ;-)

Happy Sunday!


My lifeline :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment