Tuesday, April 23, 2013

SEVEN

Good Evening!  Today, as I spoke with a friend I realized how blessed I am to have the extended family I have; that includes my in-laws and my siblings in-laws.  I am so thankful for what a wonderful family I gained when I met Matt.  They took me in and love me unconditionally.  I have a mother-in-law who is always there to listen, a father-in-law who is always willing to help me and a sister-in-law who is a true friend.  Not only did Matt's parent's and sister embrace me but so did his aunts, uncles grandparents, and cousins.  I have never felt like an outsider around them; it's as if I've always been a part of the family. 

As if that wasn't wonderful enough, I am not only close with my two other sister-in-laws but I can truly say that I feel welcome with their families as well.  When Matt and I make a trip to Iowa we have often spent a day visiting with my sister-in-law, Megan's parents and brothers.  It's always a blast seeing them and hanging out.  And I am always so excited to see Megan again. 

My sister-in-law, Jessi's gma drove my school bus for a couple of years growing up and her mother was one of my teachers.  Jessi is always telling me how they ask about me and how I'm doing.  Though Jessi and I haven't had a lot of chances to hang out since her and my little brother got married, the times that we have were always fun and full of interesting chats. 

Then there's my brother-in-law.  I lived with my sister and brother-in-law for a time, right after I graduated.  It gave me a wonderful opportunity to not only bond with my sister but to get to know my brother-in-law, Steed.  He often teased me about my eating habits and I often teased him about thinking he was so funny. ;-) 

All of that in itself makes me feel incredibly lucky but something that I truly cherish is how my family and Matt's family mesh so well.  A few Christmas' ago Matt's parents and sister joined my parents, Matt, Megan and Hunter for Christmas.  For a week we were all one big happy family.  We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas together and I can safely say that it is one of my most cherished and memorable Christmas' yet. 

I count myself lucky every day for the extended family God has granted me.  I could not imagine life without them.

Sweet Dreams Everyone! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment