Saturday, April 20, 2013

I Missed One Already! :-O

Well at 4 am this morning I woke up with a start because I realized I had forgotten to post Friday's, "What I'm Thankful For"!  I guess I was just anxious for my date with my bed. :)  So, here is my day three, "What I'm Thankful For".  Better late than never. ;-)

THREE: Today I'm thankful for kindness.  Given recent events and the constant bombardment of all the bad that is in the world I thought it was important to remember that though there is a lot of bad out there kindness still exists.  The link below highlights photos of random acts of kindness.  With the exception of one that is a bit comical, these photos do a good job of highlighting how kindness wins out over the bad.  It's easy to always focus on the negative but in the darkness remember the random stranger who holds the door open for you when your hands are full, or the young person who helps an elderly lady pump her gas because she isn't sure how to get the pump to work, or the guy who peaks his head in your office with a big smile and a "have a great day!".  True kindness, the kind that needs no thank you or recognition is out there every day.  So, when you're feeling overwhelmed by all the bad remember the kindness, or even better, perform a random act of kindness yourself.  Having faith in the good in the world makes it that much easier to make it through the bad.  Even more important is making sure our children know what true kindness is, and not only that they recognize it but that they give it as well. 

XO

 http://now.msn.com/photos-to-reaffirm-your-faith-in-humanity

No comments:

Post a Comment