Thursday, April 18, 2013

TWO

Today I am thankful for Addie hugs.  As much as I whine that I don't even have time to get in the door before Addie is all over me there really is nothing better than her hugs.  When she squeals and grabs my neck and squeezes with all her might it just makes my day.  All is right in the world in that moment; when she is so excited to see me that she can't stop hugging me, or when she pauses to caress my face and sweetly hug my neck and even when she is giving me a drive-by hug because she's on a mission to toss her toys around the house. 

Lately I find myself just thinking about getting a hug from her and I'm grinning from ear to ear. Whether it was the good-bye hug I got before leaving for work or the hello hug I'm about to get when I walk in the door after a workday, it amazes me how the littlest thing can instantly change my entire mood and demeanor.  My Addie hugs remind me to appreciate the little things in life, because those are what really matter.

Until tomorrow, goodnight all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment