Sunday, April 10, 2011

Family, Friends and Sunshine

This week included a few exciting and happy events.  The first was the arrival of our beautiful niece, Hayden Elizabeth on Tuesday April 5th, 2011.  She was 9 lbs 6 oz 22 inches long and we are smitten with her. 
My brother and sister-in-law are enjoying every moment with their new addition.  I am so happy that my brother, Dustin was lucky enough to get leave so he could come home and see his little girl come into this world. Our nephew, Hunter, is embracing the role of big brother and was very excited to meet his little sister. 

I know that Hunter will be an amazing big brother.  If he is anything like his daddy he will sometimes be annoyingly protective but in the end, Hayden will know he only does it out of love.  We are so excited for my brother and sister-in-law.  We can't wait to meet Hayden and give her lots of kisses and love.

Matt and I also had the honor of helping our friends, Abby and Derrick, celebrate the day that they became Husband and Wife.  It was an intimate affair and we are so happy that we were included in their special day.  We wish them Happiness and a long life together.

This week I also gave myself two days off of work.  They were much needed.  I spent them sleeping in, catching up on chores and appointments, being outside and just lazing around.  Luke and I enjoyed some much needed outdoor excercise.  Luke gained 5 lbs this winter and my workout routine was pretty lax, so Luke and I are on a shape-up mission.  I really couldn't think of a better way to get back into shape after
a lazy winter than roaming around outside with my puppy.  Luke was especially excited about the outdoor time.  He ran around, grabbed sticks and swam in the ponds.  He even got play time with his friend, Stella Blue.   



Luke and I had a lot of fun this week.  There really isn't anything better than seeing Luke running around like a giddy little kid.  He was so happy to be outside, enjoying the smells and the fresh air.  He probably could have swam in the pond all day if I would have let him.  This week we also had to take all of the animals to their annual appointments.  I do not recommend taking your three cats and your dog to the vet together.  It was a bit of chaos.  Kit was really cranky and tried to take it out on the poor assistant.  Luke got all worked up when they were examing Spooky because he was worried that they were going to hurt him and Spooky threw a fit until we let him out of the cat carrier so he could perch on one of the chairs in the exam room.  We survived it though!  Everyone is healthy, though could probably stand to lose a few pounds.  When we got home everyone picked a spot and slept for the rest of the day. 
Matt and I also were able to join some of the teachers from TVCS on Friday afternoon for cocktails.  I was able to meet some of the people that Matt works with.  It was a nice time, I only wish we would have been able to stay longer.

That was our week.  Tomorrow is Monday and we start all over again.  I am not looking forward to getting back to work but I got the much needed down time that I was missing.  I hope that everyone had a good weekend and have a good week!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment