Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Reflections

I'm writing this blog tonight because I have a dear friend who is going through a very personal and very painful time right now.  Her struggle has made me think about how easily we can let something trivial bring us down and make us forget just how blessed we are. 

I've been stressed and I've had those days where I feel like nothing is going right, and admittedly those times have made me forget the things I am blessed with.  I forget there are soldiers that won't be returning home to their families, there are parent's who have to choose between paying the bills or feeding their children, there are children who spend their days in the hospital because they have cancer instead of playing outside, and I forget my blessings.  I forget that I have a roof over my head, a steady job, a husband that never ceases to amaze me with how much he loves and cares for me, amazing friends and family, and that Matt and I have been blessed with the opportunity to become parents.  My friend's ordeal has made me refocus.  I wish I could take my friends pain away, but unfortunately I can't do that.  What I can do, and what we can all do, is make sure we never forget the blessings in our lives. 

Everyone has a bad day, and sometimes those bad days can stretch out longer than we would like but the next time I come home complaining about someone who gave me attitude or I feel sorry for myself because "nothing is going right", I am going to do my best to just take a breath and remember all of the wonderful things that ARE going right in my life.  Once you do that, everything else is put into perspective and it will help you realize that you probably don't have it all that bad.  And should you be going through a rough patch, and you feel like there is no end to that rough patch, focus on your blessings and know that eventually everything will be ok. 

Have a wonderful evening! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment