Thursday, October 27, 2011

IT'S A.......

Hello!!!!  Sorry I've made you all wait so long for this news.  The doctors appointment took longer than we anticipated.  First, they were 45 minutes late getting me in, which can I just say was not pleasant for me and my incredibly full bladder.  When I finally got in the Ultrasound Tech took a lot of the necessary "anatomy" pictures that were necessary for the doctor.  Baby Cook continuously kicked at the ultrasound wand each time the tech would push down to get a better picture.  Guess he/she wasn't digging the invasion of their space. ;-)
Then, after 30 minutes of taking many many pictures, the Ultrasound tech told us that she was 80% sure of what we were having but she wanted to be more sure so she needed me to go walk around for 15-20 minutes and eat something sweet.  She needed the baby to move so she could get a more definite look.
So, Matt and I went to the supermarket and got me a candy bar and walked around for a bit.  Then we returned to finally get the answer of who we had growing in there, our little boy or our little girl.

Initially the baby hadn't budged one bit from the position they were in when we left.  I was not about to have come that far and waited that long only to have to schedule another appointment becuase there wasn't a clear enough view.  So I coughed and the tech moved the wanded rapidly around on my belly to get our little one to corroperate.  Thankfully, Baby Cook finally budged and the tech was able to finish her pictures and FINALLY reveal to us what we were having.  It's a girl!!!!!

I have to admit, Matt and I were a bit shocked. lol  We had convinced ourselves that it was a boy so when the tech said it was a girl we were speechless.  However, Matt and I recovered quickly and we cannot wait for our little girl to be here with us. We already know that she is quite spunky, from the kicks to the ultrasound wand and quite stubborn, since she needed some convincing to get her to move enough to reveal to us who she was. 

So, the planning and shopping begins!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment